Horasis has hosted annual meetings to advance solutions to the most critical challenges currently facing corporations and governments. We have built a reputation as one of the foremost international and multicultural forums, dedicated to inspiring our future founded on principled leadership and community building.
In pursuit of this vision, the success of our mission depends in large part upon guarding our organization’s integrity and maintaining its reputation as fully committed to diversity, cooperation, fairness, and respect.
This Code of Conduct is designed to offer guidelines for the personal behavior of Horasis staff and attendees, ensuring that our defining ideals are upheld.
Additionally, Horasis participants must adhere to the laws of any location outside of Europe that is hosting the event.
Horasis takes care to protect its own intellectual property and that of others. The intellectual property generated during the course of our conferences, and through all efforts undertaken in the name of Horasis, must be protected from unauthorized dissemination and use.
Such intellectual property may take the form of the organization’s name, logo (trademarks), copyrights, patents, ideas, tools, information, IT developments, methodologies, “know how,” etc. All staff and attendees are prohibited from using or disclosing intellectual property belonging to Horasis without expressed permission.
Horasis staff and attendees may not engage in any activity that involves, or can be perceived as involving, a conflict of interest. In other words, all staff must avoid activities where their professional judgement could potentially be influenced (or perceived to be influenced) by familial relationships, friendships, or close personal relationships.
Attendees discuss many matters formally and informally and exchange potentially privileged information. This information may present opportunities for insider trading or other financial manipulations. Please note that Horasis will not accept any liability.
All Horasis staff, as well as those participating in the conferences, must comply with legal requirements relating to the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal data. Personal data includes information belonging to any identifiable legal or natural personal – this includes that of staff members and attendees.
All Horasis personnel are required to take all necessary measures to ensure that personal data is maintained securely and confidentially.
Horasis strictly forbids harassment of all kinds, be it verbal, physical, or emotional. The following behaviors will not be tolerated:
• Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, citizenship status or religion.
• Use or abuse of a position of privilege or power to manipulate or extort others into doing something about which they are hesitant or uncomfortable, including deliberate intimidation or sustained disruption of discussion.
• Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices or proffering unwelcome sexual attention – such as physical contact or simulated physical contact without consent or after a request to stop.
• Coercion, pressure, or repeated suggestions to engage in the consumption of alcohol or drugs.
• Threats of violence and incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to engage in self-harm.
• Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent.
Horasis is committed to supporting diversity and respectful collaboration. Any of the above behaviors may result in expulsion from current and future meetings.